About Village Bakery
Based across three sites in North Wales, The Village Bakery is the premium producer of Bread, Pies, and Morning Goods under its own ‘Village Bakery’ brand as well as working extensively with major retailers to produce innovative and bespoke products under private label brands. Wales has an incredibly diverse heritage, and through their carefully designed baking processes, Village Bakery strives to replicate the country’s rich and distinctive culture through the traditional taste and quality of its products.
Village Bakery integrated its MES system across its four sites with Sage 200 and found that it was difficult to track and manage interface files between the two due to the volume of transactions going between both systems.
Village Bakery engaged with TraceSense, a trusted provider of manufacturing systems, and working in partnership, the following TraceSense solutions were implemented:
- Automation Integration Service – Village Bakery adopted our Automation Service Application which is a highly effective interface tool designed to streamline integration and provide real-time alerts and notifications for specific transactions in the bakeries. The system is designed using the latest web technologies and facilitates the viewing of interface files in a user-friendly format, with the ability to reprocess and export data.
- Training – We provided extensive training and support to Village Bakery employees to ensure smooth use and transition to the new system.
The partnership with TraceSense has provided Village Bakery with the following results:
- Improved Efficiency – Using the Automation Server staff have found it quicker to check and reprocess data.
- Data Visibility – With our dashboard, staff can view data in a user-friendly format.
- Automation – The automation features allow real-time alerts for specific transactions in the system. This allows staff to be proactive and deal with any potential issues.
“The TraceSense Automation Service Application has been invaluable for both the Operations and Finance functions at The Village Bakery. When hundreds of files a day are passing through the interface it is particularly challenging to keep track of issues as they occur. The Automation Service Application provides real-time monitoring of our interfaces allowing us to act quickly correcting and reprocessing failed files. In addition, TraceSense has developed a suite of easy-to-use reports tailored to our needs in Ops and Finance providing much-improved management information relating to processing of stocks in the MES system.” Simon Thorpe, Operations Director.
Village Bakery’s story illustrates the positive impact of using our Automation Service Application to easily integrate and view interface files with other systems. The Automation Service can integrate and work not only with Sage 200 but also with Sage 50, SAP, Epicor, and Microsoft Dynamics.